[Wine] Re: cannot install wine

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu May 22 21:51:07 CDT 2008

Trevorofmolino wrote:
> uninstalled wine and rm -rf ~/.wine.

HUH? Wine is NOT installed there. This is Wine "configuration" ONLY!

Trevorofmolino wrote:
>  then extracted wine 0.9.60 to usr/local/wine. ran ./tools/wineinstall

Don't use that script. Manually compile Wine or you won't see what wasn't compiled properly

Code:
./configure --verbose
make depend
make all
sudo make install

Read here if you have any warnings: http://wiki.winehq.org/Recommended_Packages

Trevorofmolino wrote:
> then it did the same thing as before:
> Could not find wine on your system.

Have you removed your old installed Wine via your distro's package manager?

Trevorofmolino wrote:
>   Run wineinstall as root to install wine
> before re-running wineinstall as a user.
> Reread the installation instructions and the only thing I can do unless someone can find the problem is to wipe and remove all traces of wine and manually install.

You can not mix and match self-compiled Wine and binary Wine installed from the package (unless you really know what you are doing).