[Wine] Civilization, error loading shader libraries

eks wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat May 24 13:58:53 CDT 2008

I'm trying to run Civilization 4 with Beyond the Sword with wine but have not been able to yet. But I know it's almost there...

This is the first app I'm having real problems, Soldat and Photoshop were a brease to run from wine. I've read all the information about the application from:

Which is quite messy. Some people say to use the dx9 dlls, others don't, others say to add them to native, others don't. I really am at a loss. And under ALL tentatives the result is always a window stating

Error loading shader libraries

Something with the Directx libraries for sure, but what??

And what's the difference between a builtin and a native library? I mean, if I have a library under .wine/drive_c/windows/system32 is that the native or builtin place? Or rephrasing the question, where are the builtin libraries and where are the native libraries?

Btw, I'm on a clean install of Ubuntu 8.04 with wine 0.9.59 from repositories (video card is an Nvidia 8400m, but drivers are the restricted ones).

Thanks for any help!!