[Wine] Re: What about Database-Applications?

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat May 24 23:39:38 CDT 2008

nullomat wrote:
> Hello, I'm new to the Forum.
>
> I Try Wine under OpenSUSE 10.3. Version of Wine is 0.9.4.4.
>
> I tried to install some applications which are using Databases (Parts-Catalogues). I tried some Programs, but none of them are working under wine. I think there a problem in using Databases.

You have to install all the pieces that are used to connect to databases. Wine has no DB drivers at all. So if you have a program that connects to Oracle - install oracle DB client. You might need to manually configure ODBC. Or use native ODBC connection manager.

nullomat wrote:
> Has anybody installed such a program or can give me hints about this?

Yes many people installed such programs and successfully use them.