[Wine] Re: Prey and OpenGL

crow_se wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue May 27 07:06:36 CDT 2008

Thanks for the reply.
I downloaded and installed the ATI drivers 8.40.4-2pclos2007
from Synaptic. They completely screwed my system.
I had no window decorations, I lost all virtual desktops and the mouse
buttons did not have any affect in any window, compiz-fusion also did not work.
I could not run any configuration program to try and sort it because of the mouse problem.
I could not run Synaptic to uninstall the driver. Starting in safe mode and then using startx still gave the same problems.

I eventually recovered the system, but I dont think I will try Prey again,
I will keep my Windows XP for gaming.