[Wine] Re: self-fixing problems

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue May 27 11:45:53 CDT 2008

> If you're app isn't behaving as on windows, then you've got an actual
> problem. Whatever the terminal prints out isn't necessarily a problem.

I know that. That's not the point. The point is that sometimes when you do have a problem, the terminal may give some useful information, but it's not necessarily as obvious as a dll not found. The preloader page zero problem is a perfect example of the kind of message I'm talking about--it points to a specific problem, with a known workaround, but the error message itself is not something a beginner would understand without reading the sticky at the top of this forum, which I assume is why you put it there. So the question is, are there any other such cryptic error messages that point to problems with known fixes that beginners could apply themselves if they only knew what the message meant in the first place?