[Wine] No C Drive

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at sprintpcs.com
Tue May 27 22:46:12 CDT 2008

Buttink wrote:
> There is no way i am the only person that has had this problem but i cant find it.

Several have.  It's called installing Wine as a privileged user.
> System: Ubuntu 8.04 with Wine 1.0rc2
>
> Now i installed with the package manager. I then went to view my C: drive and nothing happend.....Then went to my home folder and looked for .wine and couldnt find it
>
> Uninstalled then Reinstalled still wasn't there. bit confused why lol works on every other comp i have ever installed EVER.
>
> Now that i say this maybe its not running with root access or something (even though the package manager asks for the password) maybe ill try sudo apt-get BRB

No.  You must run Wine as a regular user, not root.  There are several
problems with running Wine as root or whatever you named it.  Follow the
suggestions of others given here.

NEVER, EVER RUN WINE AS ROOT.    Installing it as root is a different
scenario and should be followed.

James McKenzie