[Wine] GLXBadDrawable 142 (Gentoo) (works fine on Ubuntu)

Dutchy wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed May 28 08:00:05 CDT 2008

Gentoo 2008.0 beta2 amd64 (portage: ~amd64)

So I've been getting this error on multiple applications (not just TmNF):

dutchy at vampire ~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/TmNationsForever $ wine TmForeverLauncher.exe
X Error of failed request:  GLXBadDrawable
  Major opcode of failed request:  142 (GLX)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  5 (X_GLXMakeCurrent)
  Serial number of failed request:  503

since it works fine on ubuntu, there must be something wrong with my configuration (either wine or gentoo), but I have no idea where to start. Any help at all would be appreciated.

It got really weird when suddenly it did start, perhaps nvidia failed and it used some sort of fallback? I have a screenshot and logs for that:
http://dragon.student.utwente.nl/pics/screenshots/screenshot-hal-driver.png
http://dragon.student.utwente.nl/pics/screenshots/screenshot-hal-driver-log
I can't recreate this at will, it just happens.

I have found http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=1630681 which is a similar error, but since I do not have BSD the solution does not apply to me (if it does, tell me how in linux ;))

Finally, I'll list some versions

wine: 1.0-rc2 (but rc1 did the same)
nvidia-drivers: 169.12
xorg-server: 1.4.0.90-r3

dutchy at vampire ~ $ uname -r
2.6.25-gentoo-r4-metal

while I'm at it, I'll add my xorg.conf too:
http://dragon.student.utwente.nl/pics/screenshots/xorg.conf

I've probably forgotten to mention something, tell me if you need more info.