[Wine] ./configure error

Bond Masuda bm007 at cox.net
Wed May 28 12:55:35 CDT 2008

I'm pretty new to wine myself, but I just compiled wine rc2. you need a
lot of development files for sure, but at least on Fedora 8, you have to
compile wine in 32bit mode (I noticed you have x86_64), which means that
you need the 32bit development files. The header files should be fine,
but when linking, it's going to need the 32bit libraries. So, check that
you have the 32bit libraries needed.

On a side note, I originally tried to compile wine on a x86_64 Fedora8,
but compiling for 32bit is so broken in x86_64, i ended up compiling it
in a virtual machine with i386 Fedora 8. The RPM system on Fedora8 seems
broken when it comes to i386 targets, so this might not matter to you in
OpenSUSE.