[Wine] Re: Unable to run Watchtower Library 2007 Japanese : font ?

Aurélien wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed May 28 18:03:53 CDT 2008

Hi everybody !
I'm back ;-)

I've found why WTLib crashed ! [Idea]

In fact it's always linked to font files. I dunno why but the application cannot load a proper japanese font on startup so the application looks for Wingding.ttf file in order to display smileys instead of characters.
Here is a screenshot about the smileys displayed ...
[Image: http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/3639/wtlibusingwingdingfontiv1.png ]

But this file is missing in the .wine/c_drive/Windows/Fonts folder. That's why the application shows a popup alert (that cannot be read because japanese font is not displayed) and stop, if we install the application from scratch.
[Image: http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/2631/wtlibjaperrmsgtn8.png ]

So my first question is : is there another linux font that i can install to replace the wingding one? Or is there a solution to avoid this problem ?

Fortunately, WTLib can use a specified font file under its "preferences" menu.
So I'm now able to see japanese content except some controls like buttons, menus or tree view 's elements.
Here is a screenshot
[Image: http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/7872/wtlib07japsv2.png ]
So my second question is : is it a bug ? Maybe there are some tips to do in order to fix the display or maybe this is actually a missing feature from wine controls ...

Thank you for your help.
Aurélien.