[Wine] Re: Regression From Platinum: SkyGlobe

Bamm wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed May 28 21:11:24 CDT 2008

As DanKegel did, I tried Wine 0.9.25 on Dapper (which fortunately I still have on live cd). I got the same results he did:

wine: Unhandled page fault on read access to 0xffffffff at address 0x7bc632d7 (t hread 000e), starting debugger...
Unhandled exception: page fault on read access to 0xffffffff in 32-bit code (0x7 bc632d7).

However austin987 mentions that in Ubuntu versions of wine before around 0.9.24 die on startup with an undebuggable segmentation fault.

So the solution would be to test in another distro? Thanks for any suggestions.