[Wine] Re: Wine doesn't work on FC9

rich16870 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri May 30 14:47:32 CDT 2008

Zac,

Thanks for the suggestion.  I am running an Intel P4 duo at 3GHZ.  I tried deleting the ~/.wine file and, lo and behold, wine configuration ran.  So I reinstalled Powerpoint Viewer 2003; it started OK but then wouldn't open a .pps file (not a powerpoint file).  I'll keep working on it now that I've gotten it started.  I do need to look further into the bug about DOS memory ranges.

As for the bug about wine-1.0-rc2 not compiling on FC9, I'll not worry about that unless I have to, since 0.9.58 looks like it will work.  BTW, 0.9.60 didn't compile either.