[Wine] Freetype kills Icewind Dale 2 on Fedora 9

Fyorl wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri May 30 18:03:59 CDT 2008

The latest Fedora 9 RPM install of Wine (0.9.58-1) will give the following complaint without freetype installed:

Code:
Wine cannot find the FreeType font library.  To enable Wine to
use TrueType fonts please install a version of FreeType greater than
or equal to 2.0.5.
http://www.freetype.org

However Icewind Dale 2 still runs fine. But if I install freetype then it won't run at all and fails with a page fault.

None of the other IE games I've tested has this problem. Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate 2: ToB both work with or without freetype.