[Wine] Re: Mass Effect fails to install

Marcush wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri May 30 18:52:47 CDT 2008

I compiled wine as it says to make depend, make, makeinstall

I installed it on Vista and copied it over..
I created a fresh wineprefix and installed the visual C runtime through winetricks.
and the initial startup menu comes up then when you try and start the game you get :

fixme:iphlpapi:NotifyAddrChange (Handle 0x7e14d9f8, overlapped 0x7e14d9dc): stub
fixme:shell:DllCanUnloadNow stub
wine: configuration in '/data1/games/mass_effect' has been updated.
fixme:actctx:parse_depend_manifests Could not find dependent assembly L"Microsoft.VC80.CRT"
err:module:attach_process_dlls "MSVCR80.dll" failed to initialize, aborting
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\Program Files\\Mass Effect\\Binaries\\MassEffect.exe" failed, status c0000142