[Wine] .dll settings?

Arthur Squassabia cabose1213 at gmail.com
Sat May 31 01:37:27 CDT 2008

On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 1:30 PM, vitamin <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

> Arthur Squassabia wrote:
> > all of my games that i try to install all ask me ti install directx,
>
> What Wine version are you using? And what games are you talking about?

      i'm using version 0.9.61 i dont want to use 1.0 until it's finished.
as for games, it's mainly heroes of might and magic III complete, and civ3,
i've had issues with others but i checked the appDB and they're not working
there either.

> Arthur Squassabia wrote:
> > so i am
> > wondering do i need to set some of the dx .dll's to native in winecfg or
> > just ignore the directx promptings.
>
> You can do either. Even if you install DX only few files will really be
> used. And you don't need to override them

    so it doesn't matter if dx is installed?

--
"Black holes are where god divided by Zero."