[Wine] Re: Wine and VantagePoint for GPS-Devices

din99 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat May 31 12:13:28 CDT 2008

vitamin wrote:

> roybaer wrote:
> > This application depends on .NET 2.0 and DirectX 9 but i don't get ist to work.
>
> .net 2.0 is not working well/at all on Wine yet.

hi,
here is my experience with an other financial software: dealbook fx2 for forex market. When i try to use it with the last Wine on Ubuntu Hardy, i can't open any graph or load any data . After some googling, i find that app was not able to work under Linux(some guys had try lots of workaround but no succeed). On an other hand i found too that two others progs: winetricks & wine-doors could help to resolve troubles. So i've tried: first i use winetricks then wine-doors , and install with it most of the fonts proposed and some others codecs, ... and the result is that now i can use Dealbook without restriction.
I hope this can help you with Vantage point (wine-doors propose .net )