[Wine] Re: Incomplete List of Available Printers in Quicken

bgood wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat May 31 12:29:29 CDT 2008

I'm quite glad to add the printers in CUPS, just having to come up the learning curve. I found step by step instructions here: http://sme-mirror.voxteneo.com/contribs/rvandenaker/beta/e-smith-cups/documentation/howtos/cups-pdf-printer.html. However, when I go to my "Device" list while adding the printer I don't have the option they list for "PDF Writing". Here's my list of available devices:
AppSocket/HP JetDirect
Bluetooth Printer (bluetooth)
Bluetooth- Modem
Epson Apple Talk
Epson FireWire
Epson TCPIP
Fax Printer (fax)
Internet Printing Protocol (http)
Internet Printing Protocol (ipp)
LPD/LPR Host or Printer
Network Printer via SAMBA
Zeroconf registered printer...

Which should I choose?

When I view the list of printers currently available in CUPS it is just the two  physical printers that are available to the iMac.

If Wine doesn't support virtual printers, and the PDF printer's I "installed" in Darwine aren't showing up in CUPS, then why do I get both of the PDF printers I've installed showing up when I open the Windows version of Firefox that I've installed inside Darwine?

Appreciate the help.