[Wine] Re: FL Studio 8 regcode isn't accepted

billstei wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat May 31 14:41:51 CDT 2008

Just tested FL8 with Wine 1.0 rc3 and FL does not accept the reg code.

About a month ago I did some debugging and what I can say is that Wine appears to be reading the reg code from the registry okay (every char had a leading 00 which I assume is unicode?  Is that screwing it up?  No idea.)  I think this has something to do with the way that Wine reports back date/time.  There was at least one bug/thread that discussed the year-month-day default formats of date/time in Wine -- related?  I'm just shooting in the dark, but this may not be a cryptographic problem at all.

This is a complete show-stopper from my point of view for FL Studio.  Being able to run the demo and not the registered version is about the same as not being able to run it.

Bill