[Wine] Re: Error 429

Chad wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat May 31 18:55:06 CDT 2008

lockettowl wrote:
> sorry for the double post. I forgot to say, I also get a pop-up window that says:
>
> Run time error '-2147221166 (80040152)
> Automation Error

I downloaded the app from their website. It needs MDAC 2.8 to be installed for it to run it seems. I dunno if I have the same version you do, I just downloaded the free version from their site. I did get the same errors when trying to launch it though.

Open a terminal and do the following commands...

$ wget www.kegel.com/wine/winetricks
$ ./winetricks mdac28

It seems like you probably need to set a DSN for the software though, since it probably connects using ODBC.