[Wine] Re: Error 429

Chad wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat May 31 19:58:46 CDT 2008

lockettowl wrote:
> I ran the same commands that you posted, and they seemed to work out. But when I tried to run the program I got this:
> Run-Time error '429':
> ActivX Component can't create object
>
> And when I tried to run it from the terminal:
>
> Code:
> fixme:ntdll:NtQuerySystemInformation info_class SYSTEM_PROCESSOR_PERFORMANCE_INFORMATION
> fixme:ntdll:NtQuerySystemInformation info_class SYSTEM_PROCESSOR_PERFORMANCE_INFORMATION
>

> I don't really know what DSN or ODBC mean or how to set a DSN

Are you using the basic version listed on the main page of http://www.thinkwave.com/ ?

You may have to reinstall the application, making sure to install MDAC 2.8 first. To do this you can just create a new wine directory. So, open a terminal and try

$ mv .wine .wine_old
$ ./winetricks mdac28

Then install the application again as normal and see if it works any better.

A DSN is a connection to a database. I'm guessing this application needs to connect to the database for the grades? Unless it's all being done locally? More information would be needed on how you use the application, since I've never used it apart from installing it as a test once :)