[Wine] Porting Windows app to Linux: How to access Linux devices?

chrislpnt wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Nov 2 17:19:12 CST 2008

Apologies if this is slightly OT.

I have the task of porting a Windows application to Linux. Since the
build environment (Borland C++ Builder) is highly windows-centric,
Wine is my only option short of a major rewrite. I will have no
problems with the regular GUI stuff, however, I need to access special
hardware devices (unsupported by Wine) on the Linux system via ioctl
and network sockets.

My question: How can I find a way "around" Wine, accessing resources
on the host running Wine? Are there special include files and service
DLLs available in Wine for this?

Thanks,
Chris