[Wine] Re: what if...

oiaohm wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Nov 2 18:19:53 CST 2008

If the day comes that MS decides to fund wine and there was no strings attached just like most other opensource projects.  Its take the money and run.

It may seam in Microsoft interest.  MS fears the long term effect.

When trying to sell windows harder completion.   Linux vs Windows now is getting a up hill battle for them.   Now if they did not have MS Office to push it over edge they are in trouble.

MS also whats to have patents to get income after Windows dies as a OS.

I would say not imposable but it is highly unlikely Microsoft will ever do it.  Problem is by the time they think of doing it they could already be too far cash strapped to send funding our way anyhow.