[Wine] Can't run Warcraft III

Gert van den Berg wine-users at mohag.net
Mon Nov 3 11:38:16 CST 2008

On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 6:12 PM, ricy <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> hallo everybody
>
> i just installed warcraft 3 on my linux mint(elyssa) kernel -19 generic, updated the vcredist to latest version and the game, after starting it keeps flickering (like i see for a second the game and a second the desktop background).
> i'm pretty new on linux so can u please help me

Try deleting the movies directory.

See AppDB for registry entries / command-line switches to run the game
in OpenGL mode... (Normal, DirectX mode should work though...)

> i have a Intel X3100 video board using the Restricted proprietary drivers,
> AMD Turion 64 2.2ghz proc0.1 and 1,5 Gb DDR2 at 667 Mhz, WINE version is 1.0
The Intel open source drivers are working fine for me...

Someone will probably recommend that you upgrade Wine as well, but
this should not be necessary, although you would probably want to
compile a patched version (or a really old version) if you plan to do
any kind of network play under Wine.

Gert