[Wine] Re: AutoCAD and Wine

JMS wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Nov 4 08:22:04 CST 2008

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R17.1\ACAD-6001:409\FixedProfile\Application Window]

"Position"="178 61 1483 874"

"Show"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R17.1\ACAD-6001:409\Profiles\<<Unnamed Profile>>\Drawing Window]
"MoreHideWarningDialogs"=dword:00000200

These are the keys, the firs one is to avoid a small window that sometimes causes autocad to crash, change acording to your resolution
The other simply hides the "what's new" thing.

[Image: http://images6.theimagehosting.com/01.7da.th.jpg ] (http://server6.theimagehosting.com/image.php?img=01.7da.jpg)
[Image: http://images6.theimagehosting.com/02.ef8.th.jpg ] (http://server6.theimagehosting.com/image.php?img=02.ef8.jpg)
[Image: http://images6.theimagehosting.com/03.f49.th.jpg ] (http://server6.theimagehosting.com/image.php?img=03.f49.jpg)

As you can see I still get errors, i.e when clicking "customize", but it doesn't crash, I just receive an error and I can continue working.

I'm using a build from here

http://mike.kronenberg.org/

I don't know why using this build all is smooth and without crashes (I guess the libraries he includes are the solution). I tried to include some of the libs in my own build but with no success. I don't know how would be on Ubuntu, I'm sorry.