[Wine] Re: Bringing Vista's Speech Recognition Engine to Linux via Wine

Sam wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Nov 4 10:58:16 CST 2008

Austin:  The project I'm proposing is inseparable from Wine.  Without using Wine it is not possible.  Wine is a vital ingredient.  Hence it is relevant.

The nub is this:  I would like some community focus on getting Vista's Speech Engine ported via Wine.  It is likely going to be too difficult for myself.  To do this, I need to justify the project, explain the motivation, that it is something beyond myself, of community benefit (note that already one MS sufferer has replied on the thread).  Otherwise who is going to work on it?

Specifically I have been called upon by Vitamin (whom I suspect to be trolling) to justify the project: In order to do so, I need to zoom out.

Also please, as a matter of nettiquette, do not paste my entire post simply to make such a comment.  It clogs the thread.  Please, let us have everything said once and once only, for clarity's sake!

Vitamin, correct me if I am wrong, but if I own a legitimate copy of Vista, it is not stealing.  I specifically stated in my post that a large number of Linux users will posess legitimate copies of Vista.

So why are you saying it is stealing?  Pray enlighten me.

> > Sam wrote:
> > 1. Many people have copies of Vista. It comes with nearly every new PC. Many linux users will have a Vista DVD. The same is not true for Dragon.
> >

> You are wrong. Many people don't have that junk and don't want it to begin with.

Your statement is true.  And mine is also true.  They don't conflict.  So why do you say I am wrong?  Please pay me the respect of using your brain before you wear out my fingers and patience with your facile one-liners.  If you don't do this, I will cease to pay you the respect of a reply.

David: Probably not a good counter to argue.  MS almost certainly do own that data.  I'm considering the cases (such as my own) where Linux users posess a legitimate copy of Vista).

Elij: I hope it comes to pass.  Such work is in the domain of the Samauri that wield the sword of tech at the cutting edge.  Let's hope one of them picks up...

Sam