[Wine] Windows XP to run from Linux boot

SlyCat wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Nov 5 09:40:06 CST 2008

Hello everyone of Wine.  I have been an Ubuntu user for the past month or so now and I have very little experience with Wine.  I originally started using the OS/app loader on a Sony Vaio NR110 laptop, but now I am the owner of an MSI Wind.

I have my Wind dual booted (XP, Ubuntu) with the larger partition to ext3 for ubuntu's boot.  Usuing about 1.3gb for swap too.  I would like to start using Wine to keep my Windows apps (why else...) but I was wondering:

-Can Windows XP, with the use of fsdriver to read ext3 filing, run a Windows app installed on ubuntu?

I know that Wine from Ubuntu can't run apps from the Windows boot partition, but can Windows run apps from ubuntu's boot partition?  I would just like to consider which partition to have most of my programs like Office.

Thanks in advance everyone.