[Wine] Something like "My Network Places"

dorin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Nov 5 10:57:03 CST 2008

Hi everybody!
I need something to trick an program which want to run over network.
I work in a public institution (municipal council) with an internal network.
On an linux-server with samba is located an big specific program which make installation and run over network. All the computers run Windoze and they don't have any problem except me which insist to use only Linux.
I have an samba account, I mount the share directory in several places (/media, /mnt, /home/user/.wine/drive_c etc) but when I try to run the installer (setup.exe) the installer see like it is copied on local system not existing on server and don't want to continue.
On Windows machines, after installation, the program create some folders and an shortcut to \\SERVER\dir\dir\prog.exe
Also I try to create an similar location under wine like in Windows (C:\Desktop and Setings\User\NetHood\SERVER\...etc) creating directory tree and mount the samba_sher here but without any results.
I suppose is an small argument needed somewhere to tell programs the files are over network but I don't now where and how.
If I could do this I have a chance to convince more people to switch to Linux (especially IT-manager & the mayor).
If need more informations please let me know.
Thanks to everybody for help!