[Wine] Where did C: go?

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 22:57:06 CST 2008

On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 11:48 PM, John Drescher <drescherjm at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Looks like a bug in Ubuntu that needs to be reported, if it has not been
>> already.  It is standard to use the tilde '~' to stand for the current
>> user's HOME directory.  This is not, as far as I know, a deficiency of Wine.
>>

> It seems that
>
> xdg-open ~
>
> works from a terminal but not a gnome-2.24 launcher.
>
> I typed the same command in gentoo and got the same result.

I know the reason now. In the gnome launcher ~ is already in effect. I tried

nautilus ~

and I got the following error
Could not find "/home/john/~".

So instead of
xdg-open ~/.wine/drive_c

the following should be in the launcher command
xdg-open .wine/drive_c

This works on gentoo and ubuntu intrepid

John