[Wine] Re: Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 No matching mode found 1280x960x0 @0!

sunnior wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Nov 6 05:27:57 CST 2008

Cai wrote:

> Did you compile Wine or just down packages?
>
> If you compile Wine, you may know. Compiling is the best way to know Wine.

I compiled the wine without xrandr , but, unfortunately, it didn't bring any difference.:?

vitamin wrote:

> sunnior wrote:
> >
> > > Fix your xorg.conf
> >

> > just add the required resolution 1600x1200 1280x960 to xorg.conf?
>
> Yes. Read my previous post.

I add the resolution to my xorg.conf and now it looks like this:

> Section "Screen"
>         Identifier      "Default Screen"
>         Monitor         "Configured Monitor"
>         Device          "Configured Video Device"
>         DefaultDepth    24
>         SubSection "Display"
>         Depth 24
> 	Modes "1600x1200" "1280x960"
>         EndSubSection
> EndSection

But it didn't work. I don't know if I added them in the right way.
I'm so confused that how would it work since I don't have the resolutions at all.
and what does the sentence mean on earth:

> err:x11settings:X11DRV_ChangeDisplaySettingsEx No matching mode found 1600x1200x0 @0! (desktop)

Are these resolutions only used on desktop. But I am using laptop.

Another confusion is , without any change, I can enter the main menu of the game now, but still can not play. It seems that this game collapses every time it begin to run 3D engine.

I'm so confused now.
 :?  :?