[Wine] Cannot open .exe files using Terminal

Robocat wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Nov 8 02:24:13 CST 2008

I downloaded Darwine stable 1.0.1 and installed it. I went to /Applications/Darwine/Wine.bundle/Contents/bin and double-clicked on "wine" Then I went to Terminal and went to the directory for GTA2. I typed "GTA2.exe." The process installed GTA2. I went to /Users/brianlee/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Rockstar Games/GTA2 in Finder and double-clicked on GTA2.exe and only a weird text file pops out. I also went to Terminal and tried running gta2.exe using the wine command. I get the error message "-bash: wine: command not found" Why is this so? I ran the GTA2 installer successfully but could not run the game itself. I also tried running the installer again, but it would not work.