[Wine] Re: Football Manager 2009 (Demo): Installation failure

Forester wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Nov 8 17:09:11 CST 2008

Hi,

I don't have any direct suggestions.

However, I see your trace begins with ...

> wine: configuration in '/home/miguel/.wine' has been updated.
> cwd: C:\windows\temp\I1225627684\Windows
> cmd: "C:\windows\temp\I1225627684\Windows\resource\jre\bin\javaw.exe"

which looks to me like you are (though you may not have realised it) trying to run Sun's Java RTE (Run Time Environment).

Try looking that up on the Application Database (http://appdb.winehq.org/).  That should (might) give you an idea as to whether Sun's Java RTE runs under Wine or  not.

If the answer is positive, then search the forum for more information on Java.  You might ask another question on the forum but do so under a new topic and think carefully about both the title and question if you are to get a timely, useful, answer.

If you don't get an answer (or you don't get a good one), post a bug report (http://bugs.winehq.org/) read the instructions and the Wiki pages to make sure you make a good bug report.  Be sure to post the url of the download site.  Since there's a download, someone might look at the problem but don't expect a quick response.