[Wine] Word 2003 - can't change default language from English (US)

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 8 18:50:15 CST 2008

vitamin wrote:
> Graeme wrote:
>
>> Got exactly the same problem Stefan. Have tried running regedit and changing language settings but no luck.
>>
>> There must be a simple explanation because I'm assuming that Word is picking up default settings from the system somewhere.
>>

> Those registry entries are being reset on each start. Modifying them won't do you any good. What you need is:
>
> Code:
> export LANG=en_US.UTF-8

Vitamin:

That IS for American English.  Graeme wants to change to another
language, but did not specify which one.

Graeme:

You need to change the en_US part to whatever language you need to
support.  If it is British English this would be en_GB, for French
(France) it is fr_FR

There are many more languages that are supported.  However, do not
remove the .UTF-8 portion unless you are working with a multi-byte
language like Japanese.

James McKenzie