[Wine] Ubuntu 8.10 (32 bit), Wine 1.1.8, Baldur's Gate 1 problem.

Dragon-RD wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Nov 9 16:41:57 CST 2008

Hello everyone,

First of all let me say I'm a linux newbie, having only used the OS for a few days. I'm currently experiencing a problem with trying to get Baldur's Gate 1 to run. The install went flawlessly (Ubuntu 8.10, Wine 1.1.8) however when the launcher pops up. No matter what I click it hangs.

I've tried all of the windows types in the Wine configuration panel but the problem still occurs. Any help on this problem would be greatly received,