[Wine] Re: Why can't Wine do 256 colors?

Tlarhices wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Nov 9 22:07:31 CST 2008

DOS4dinner wrote:
> I see. Is anybody working on it/Do they know what is wrong?

Nobody is working on it, because as far as I know this bug is not in wine.
You have to add 8bit mode to your xorg configuration but most drivers doesn't support this. You will have to use one of the workaround or you are lucky and your system can go back to 256 colors mode just change the configuration.
For more information, please read the bug report (closed has invalid has it is not wine's fault) linked in the faq.