[Wine] Re: Cannot install Visual C++ version 6.0 (VC6)

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Nov 10 13:12:14 CST 2008

resander wrote:

> Wine 1.1.5 together with winetricks has been reported to be able to install VC6. I would like to try 1.1.5, but how do I get it? Only 1.0.1 and 1.1.8 are available for download on the Wine Website as far I can see.

If a particular version is not in your distro's repository, you will have to build Wine from source.
http://winehq.org/site/docs/wineusr-guide/installing-wine-source
http://wiki.winehq.org/Recommended_Packages
http://wiki.winehq.org/WineOn64bit

http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-2e99ab665e3b15d1880eff2bcbb640b2d5839586