[Wine] lunching the game with oss drives mutes pcm mixer controls

kardasa wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Nov 12 07:13:53 CST 2008

This is my first post here so Welcome everyone :D.
Few days ago I compiled wine 1.1.8 on my gentoo box and I successfully installed Lord Of the Rings On line. The game is running surprisingly good for me but I run into minor but pretty irritating problem, every time I lunch or stop the game my pcm channels from first sound card device are being muted. I'm using oss driver. On alsa driver sound is playing correctly (no pcm muting on start/stop) but only for a few minutes then crashes (this issue is reported on appDB). Turning on sound every time i'm lunching or stoping the game is bit annoying. I read the faq, wiki, docs but didn't found anything related to my problem. Is it some kind of known issue. Is it a simple way to solve this problem on the wine side?
I have sound blaster audigy 4 pro as main sound card. Any suggestions greatly apprenticed.