[Wine] Re: WoW - WotLK - install is a hassle :(

Corn Muffin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Nov 13 01:12:54 CST 2008

I get a similar problem although wine attempts to open the Installer.exe file, but it pops up w/ a window saying, "No installer data could be found. If this problem persists, please contact Blizzard Technical Support.".
When run in the terminal, the same window appears, but it also puts out these errors,

fixme:richedit:IRichEditOle_fnGetClientSite stub 0x14232c0
fixme:ole:OleCreateStaticFromData (not shown), stub!

I searched and similar errors have occured, mainly with the BC release (different hex address though) and the work around seemed to be adding the unhide switch in the /etc/fstab/ for your dvd rom.  This did not seem to work for me, but that could be to some other problems I encountered.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.