[Wine] WARNING - WINE DOESN'T WORK WITH OFFICE 2003

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Sat Nov 15 16:41:43 CST 2008

> Also, I don't see why you don't just use OpenOffice.org... All those documents from the "dark side" are easily readable and importable, even the .blahx ones in OOo 3.

Being an administrator on a windows and linux network, I would have to
say that this can be problematic. The main reason is formatting. Even
though the file formats are readable we have found that mixing
different versions of Microsoft Office does not even work reliably. I
mean the positioning of tables, charts and graphics is not consistent
unless all users use the same version of word. Also revision tracking
does not work well across versions...

John