[Wine] Re: Wine config screen

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Nov 16 09:26:14 CST 2008

jerlinux wrote:
> I can't believe that I am the only person this has happened to.
> I went to the faq page and found a situation that sounded right but I am
> still doing something wrong.
>
> If anybody can tell me how I can make this screen readable, I would be
> very grateful.
>
> I am running wine 1.7 I THINK.  It is hard to read any of the info that
> the program is sending me.  The programs that I run in wine seem to work
> although you have to remember where the choices were - there is no way
> to read the drop downs.

I think you must mean 1.1.7. You can check by typing wine --version in the terminal.

There is definitely something wrong with your setup. Rename your ~/.wine to something else, then run winecfg from the terminal. A new ~/.wine will automatically be created. If the display appears normal for the fresh wineprefix, then something you installed in the old one borked the display settings.