[Wine] Question about running SecuROM under WINE

Elliander wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Nov 17 01:05:42 CST 2008

I am new to WINE, and Unix-based systems in General. I have up until recently been using Windows XP Home, but after installing Spore, SecuROM was also installed onto Ring 0 of the Kernel and has pretty much fried my computer. Apparently, because of where it installed itself, it interfered with other programs and now I can't get anything to work right.

So I switched to Ubuntu 8.10 for 64-bit desktops, fully updated. And I must say I am liking it more than windows.