[Wine] Wine screens unreadable

Jerry Linux jerlinux at wowway.com
Mon Nov 17 06:22:37 CST 2008

I have moved this hard drive from another machine that had a via
chipset.

It took a couple of days to find the nvidia software that Ubuntu
required but now almost everything looks good at 1024 X 768.

But not anything that runs in wine.

When I turn on the machine, the user name and the password screens are
too tall for the display and the color is totally wrong.  But as Ubuntu
boots, the screen and colors all return to "normal".

Is there a chance that wine goes back to the screen settings that the
name and password screen uses?  Is there anything special that I have to
do to run wine on a nvidia chipset?

Thanks - I am lost at the bakery.
--
Jerry Linux