[Wine] dpwsockx.dll does not appear in winecfg

g1annis wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Nov 17 20:51:52 CST 2008

Hello.

I'm trying to run Age of Kings multiplayer that seems to run fine for several other users.

I followed the instruction that says:

To get multiplayer working for such games (at least those that use a DirectPlay version prior to 8), place the DLLs in this archive in Wine's windows/system32 directory, then add DLL overrides (native,builtin) for: dplayx, dpnet, dpnhpast and dpwsockx.

I did it and i went to fix the overrides. Everything is fine except the last one. In the winecfg there is a drop-down menu from which we chose the dll file to add, and then click the button add to fix the overrides.

However, all the others dlls are appeared in th drop-down menu but dpwsockx doesn't. How can i fix it? Can i do it manually?

Thank you.

PS: I managed to do some big steps for the game to recognize the LAN, but still i cannot connect to the server, or create game.