[Wine] Fwd: Re: Wine on Solaris 10

Gert van den Berg wine-users at mohag.net
Tue Nov 18 11:23:33 CST 2008

Wrong from address...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Gert van den Berg
Date: Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 7:18 PM
Subject: Re: [Wine] Re: Wine on Solaris 10
To: wine-users at winehq.org

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 5:41 PM, colcar08 <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the quick reply.
>
> Lets see if I get you..
>
> If I have the source code available and I can get Wine to compile then I should be able to run my application as a winelib? In this case it is probably worth me putting in a bit of effort getting it to compile.

It might.... It is probably a better idea to start by seeing how much
trouble it would be to port you  application to winelib... (Things
written for certain compilers (like Borland's) are hard to port..)
(IIRC mingw32 is the first target that it need to be ported to...)

http://www.winehq.org/site/winelib and
http://www.winehq.org/site/docs/winelib-guide/index would probably
help to decide if it might be a feasible option...

Gert