[Wine] halo sound problem

algarues wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Nov 18 18:37:25 CST 2008

I succesfully installed halo on my computer using wine 1.1.8
the game gets a little bit stuttering and I found out that in the "audio setup" menu of the game the field "hardware acceleration" is dimmed out.
However if i check my wine config, I have select the alsa driver and full hardware acceleration. Pulse audio is not present.
I tried to install the game in cedega. In this case the hardware acceleration is available in the game menu.
The game runs pretty fast, However the graphics is not displayed properly, nevertheles tinkering around with several settings.
What could be the difference?
In the hardware profile from cedega I get for my soundcard
HDA Intel at 0xf9200000 irq 2
My sound hardware is an onboard Realtek ALC885, on a gigabyte P32-DS3R motherboard.
is there any way that I can pass these values to wine via registry editing?
I tried to open the registry files from cedega with regedit, but I get an error message.
This happens either if I run Opensuse 64bit or Fedora Core 32 bit, either on Gnome or KDE both setup to use ALSA.
Can anybody help please?
Thank you very much