[Wine] Backup Exec 12.0 management console

glibdud wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Nov 18 19:27:34 CST 2008

Hi folks. I'm trying to see if I can get the Backup Exec remote management console (not the media server itself) installed on my Ubuntu desktop. It's not listed in the AppDB, so I thought I'd try here first...

System: Ubuntu Intrepid, 32-bit
Wine: 1.1.8, default running as WinXP

There are a few different pieces of software that can be installed from this disc, but the wrapper that gives links to the different pieces doesn't display correctly. I dug into the disc a little and found the Setup.exe to run directly. When I run it, a box pops up with the following message:

> Your previous version of ODBC has been upgraded to Version 3.52. Your system will need to be rebooted in order for changes to take effect.
>
> Would you like to reboot your system at this time?

Regardless of whether I choose yes or no, the install ends at that point. The following is the output when I run it from the console:

> fixme:volume:GetVolumePathNameW (L"C:\\windows\\profiles\\All Users\\Application Data\\Symantec\\Backup Exec\\Logs\\bkuptemp.log", 0x33d858, 260), stub!
> fixme:msxml:xmlnode_get_nodeTypedValue ignoring data type 0x132d80 0x327f14
> fixme:msxml:xmlnode_get_nodeTypedValue ignoring data type 0x132d80 0x327f14
> fixme:msxml:xmlnode_get_nodeTypedValue ignoring data type 0x132d80 0x327f14
> fixme:msxml:xmlnode_get_nodeTypedValue ignoring data type 0x132d80 0x327f14
> fixme:msxml:xmlnode_get_nodeTypedValue ignoring data type 0x132d80 0x327f14
> fixme:msxml:xmlnode_get_nodeTypedValue ignoring data type 0x132d80 0x327f14
> fixme:msxml:xmlnode_get_nodeTypedValue ignoring data type 0x132d80 0x327f14
> fixme:msxml:xmlnode_get_nodeTypedValue ignoring data type 0x132d80 0x327f14

The referenced log file doesn't exist. Anyone familiar with this sort of thing? Is it something that can be worked around?