[Wine] Problems running vanilla WoW

Mindez wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Nov 19 03:08:00 CST 2008

Heya,

I'm new to all things linux and wine, so forgive my noobiness.

I've installed World of Warcraft in wine by extracting the cds to the same directory and ran install.exe; that ran fine besides an error at the end saying that it couldn't add WOW to my add/remove programs.

When I try to run it however from ~/.wine/drive_c/wow/WoW.exe I get the following:

Code:
# wine WoW.exe

X Error of failed request: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)
Major opcode of failed request: 155 (GLX)
Minor opcode of failed request: 3 (X_GLXCreateContext)
Value in failed request: 0x21
Serial number of failed request: 440

No idea what any of this means, but the program doesn't open, and no idea what to do next. (I also can't find the guide I followed to install wine and WoW, bah)

Note that this is just the vanilla World of Warcraft, without TBC or WotLK expansions.  Trying to get it working in Linux before getting started raiding again.

Other programs such as the repair utility run fine, it's just WoW.exe that I get the errors for.

Does anybody have any idea what could be wrong?  I'm using FC9 clean install with Gnome, more information can be provided if you tell me how to provide it.