[Wine] Wine config screen

Jerry Linux jerlinux at wowway.com
Wed Nov 19 13:57:08 CST 2008

On Wed, 2008-11-19 at 12:32 -0600, vitamin wrote:
> jerlinux wrote:
> > Is there a way to unload the nVidia driver only for wine?
>
> No. But you can start Wine in the totally separate X server with different display driver.
> See for example http://wiki.winehq.org/256ColorsWorkarounds
>

> Xinit
Of course you can use just plain ol' X. In some cases Xinit won't work
(no permissions to launch X server as regular user). Either Xephyr or
VNC will need to be used in these cases.

cd "~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/My game/"
xinit /usr/bin/wine "my game.exe" -- :1 -ac -depth 8

I liked the plain ol part of this so I gave it a shot.  Did not load
xinit since it did not say that I would have to do that.

Got a user is not authorized to run the x server error.

Can you tell that I am a real beginner?  What part did I screw up?  Does
this have to be run sudo?  From all the messages I get on this list,
sudo seems like something I could use to really hurt myself so I do not
run it unless I am completely sure that it will help.  Or is this the
some cases in which xinit won't work?

Thanks

--
Jerry Linux