[Wine] Integrating a dual boot system

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 16:08:38 CST 2008

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 4:03 PM, Hairyloon <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> After a succession of failed attempts spread over a few years, I have finally got a Linux installation that does nearly everything I need it to.
> I've also got Wine working on at least a few things.
>
> However there are occasions when I want to dip back into Windoze, and so I've got a dual boot system, which is OK, but it could be a heck of a lot better.
>
> The relevant points are: WINE runs on its own virtual C drive, and Windoze runs on the actual C drive.  Can I get them both to use the same, so that if I install a programme on one, it will work on the other (some work fine wherever, but some do registry changes or something).

No. That will wreck all sorts of havoc.

> The other thing is internet & email.  I use Firefox on both, can I set it up so that if I bookmark a page on one, it will be bookmarked on the other?

Yes. That's doable. You'd need to have a partition you can read/write
to from both, then either set your profile path in both OS's to point
to that, or on Linux, use a symlink to adjust it. You can use this for
other programs that put their user data in a separate folder.

--
-Austin