[Wine] Wine MS Office 2000 in Ubuntu 8.1

m2c wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Nov 21 19:11:42 CST 2008

Hi

I can install Office 2000 OK but when coming to run any application word or excel I can't get these to run - up pops the a Welcome to office 2000 window asking to change the user name, initials and organisation in ~/.wine/system.reg.  Then I need to reenter the CD code.  I do this and I am given 2-3 attempts to do so then the application crashes.

Note I can open a word document but can do any editing or saving.  Any ideas if this can be fixed - I would appreciate it.

regards

M2C