[Wine] Re: How far to completion?

jeffz wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Nov 22 17:48:08 CST 2008

Usurp wrote:

> sevenlayercookie wrote:
> > I know there probably isn't a definite answer to this, but how far along has the project come? I've used wine quite a bit, and I've seen a lot of bugs, but I'm just curious how far away we are from a complete compatibility layer?
>
> You can have a raw estimation looking at the Wine Status Core DLLs page.
> http://www.winehq.org/site/status_dlls

That page is out of date and says nothing about how correct (read how buggy) the implementation is.

The best way to gauge compatibility is by the apps that do run well and the apps that don't run well.  There are over 4000 open bugs in bugzilla presently, so there is still a great deal of work to be done.