[Wine] Re: This diff needs fixing.

telek wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Nov 23 17:16:26 CST 2008

NN wrote:

> telek wrote:
> >
> > If it's possible I'd like to help out with this, I only have limited time but it's time I can use to fix things on here.
>

> Please join as SuperMaintainer or Maintainers. Your help would be appreciated.
>
> When submitting Test Results to the wine appdb should additional question be added asking did you use any native dll or dll overrides (for the installation and a the same question for "Runs" ) and based on this restrict the highest rating that can be chosen?

I think that would be a great idea, because it would eliminate some of the possibilities of false ratings, but it should also include patches, cd fixes and native dll's, this way if they do use any of these the rating itself can no longer be any higher then gold.

> What should be done for existing tests already submitted for the office installers, should we modify the submissions and leave only information related to the office installer?
>
> On the side panel of the Wine AppDB it mentions "Email your suggestions for improving the AppDB < appdb @ winehq.org >"

I think for the existing submissions we should fix them up, so it's clear enough that the actual program and the installer have different different data that effects the overall rating, because the installer gets platinum doesn't mean the whole program does.

Like if the installer gets platinum and the application itself only gets gold the rating should be gold because installing the application does you little good if you cant use it.